Saturday, March 25, 2017

Papple at the shops

Last week while shopping, I came across the "Papple" fruit - which I've never seen or heard of prior to this time. I was so curious about it, and with my family being into anything quirky - I took and sent them a photo of this.
Papple at the shops
It was a pricey fruit - so I didn't think of buying it. But after a few days, I was just itching to get them. So I did! I did a bit of research too - apparently this hybrid fruit was first grown in New Zealand in 2012. I guess, now they have it locally in Australia! It's a cross of Nashi Pear and an Apple (my fruit lady said Pink Lady was used-hmmm)

I am waiting a few more days because I like my fruits on the more ripe side. But here are the photos I took of it at home. Looks and feels like an apple, but with the freckles of pear. They say it tastes juicier, more apple-y but softer like pear. 
The Papple

Looks like a freckled apple to me

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...