Thursday, April 20, 2017

That ONE big trip 2020 : Hong Kong for 3 nights


Planning and brainstorming our family's ONE big trip

Credit: Discover Hong Kong website

DESTINATION # 1 : Hong Kong ~ 4 Days / 3 Nights
WHY DO I CHOOSE TO VISIT HONG KONG?
Hong Kong is an exciting hub in Asia. I remember visiting Hong Kong a few decades ago and it was my first time to visit a non-English speaking city. I was excited, a bit scared (I got lost in Causeway Bay on my own back when there were no cellphones or handheld GPS! And I was a teenager!) and I would love to re-visit this city and have the same excited feeling.

> Love Hong Kong's fast pace. To me, it is Asia's "New York"
> Would love to immerse myself in the vibrant Hongkonger's culture
> I have yet to visit Victoria Peak


TOURISM WEBSITE/S 
Discover Hong Kong

USEFUL WEBSITES
TRANSPORT in Hong Kong
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS in Hong Kong

MY DREAM ITINERARY

Day 1
On arrival, it is a must to walk a few blocks around the hotel and explore the local area, have lunch. I intend to stay in the Kowloon side and so a visit to the Avenue of the Stars will happen late afternoon. I do love lovely harbour views and this is a good vantage point! Then dinner in the Tsim Sha Tsui area. After dinner, head to view the Symphony of Lights which starts at 8PM and goes on for about 13 minutes.

Day 2
After an early breakfast, head to Hong Kong Island and ride the HK Tram and get off at Victoria Peak. Have lunch at Causeway Bay or Central then catch the Star Ferry back to Tsim Sha Tsui. A stop at the Clock Tower is good if there is time. And a visit to one of the Chinese temples in the city. Spend the afternoon at the Ladies Market and / or then head to the Temple Street Night Market. Or choose from the other specialty markets the city has to offer. Dinner would be at a place along Temple Street or in the Jordan area.

Day 3
A full day tour is in order for this whole day. Either doing the New Lantau island tour or the Lamma Island Hopping cruise. Dinner is somewhere near the hotel area, if not at the hotel!

Day 4
Easy day spent re-visiting a place or heading off to one of the places not visited yet!

Credit: Discover Hong Kong website
HOTEL OPTIONS
> Marco Polo Hong Kong
> Intercontinental Hong Kong
> Holiday Inn Golden Mile
> Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui
> Intercontinental Grand Stanford HK





MUST SEE ATTRACTION/S
> Avenue of the Stars
> Symphony of Lights
> Victoria Peak

MUST DO/S
> Visit an island outside of Hong Kong!



MUST EAT/S
TBA

MUST BRING
TBA

OTHER TIPS
TBA

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...