Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Jersey way of life

I am always learning about new things and new places to visit (or send clients off to). Today it is all about the fascinating Jersey Channel Islands – which offers a bit of French and English packaged into this warm destination just off the coast of Normandy, France.

As I read more trivia about this Channel Island - the more appealing it is to me, and the photos show she is a looker as well. Apparently a 15mph speed limit applies on this island in order to give priority to pedestrians! Quite interesting to think that two ex-drivers of Formula One currently call Jersey home – must be a lovely place to live or even visit. Mont Orgueil Castle, one of the island’s popular attractions, was once a lookout post back in the world war days. Now, to me it looks like a pretty 'ornament' with the backdrop of the sea and the island. Who knew that this autonomous island have their own law institute and nearly a hundred restaurants to choose from – quite impressive if I may say - a big tick for a big travel foodie. One last trivia that I found – one of my favourite writers of all times, Victor Hugo – who wrote Les Miserables – was exiled in Jersey at some point in his life! Hmm!
Talking about all these new things I’ve come across about Jersey of course naturally led me to researching hotels in Jersey. And if I can just have it my way, luxury hotels Jersey would be the way to go. Browsing through this popular local hotel chain, I am immediately drawn to the property The Golden Sands. The activities near the hotel, the hotel room decor and ambience, sea view – just defines what I am looking for in a holiday. I can literally head off there now. And, perhaps a pit stop for shopping somewhere?!

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...