Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Having said that hubby dislikes air travel, on a handful of times I was able to convince him to travel by air with me. We have agreed though, to go on a cruise maybe when baby turns two or three years old. Perhaps we would be able to visit husband's sister in the America on this cruise! If only I can reconcile within myself to travel across the Pacific Ocean for days without seeing land!
Sunday, December 06, 2009
There are a few other pieces that I ordered .. I can't find decent photos of them. Hopefully I get to post a picture of the nursery once it's all done! Am so excited!!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
1. When is your birthday? I'm a Valentina
2. Where were you born? Manila, Manila, Manila..
3. Where do you live now? Sydney down under.
4. What is your heritage? I'm a mongrel.. Filipino/Russian/Irish/Chinese
5. Tell us about a weakness. Overnight stays at luxury hotels.
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? Start my own business. Soon. Hopefully.
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? Is BTW counted??
8. What was your first thought this morning? I'm late! I didn't get to cook rice for hubby. Bread nalang sha. Hahaha.
9. When do you usually go to bed? Sometime before midnight.
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? I used to.
11. Do you like your current relationship status? Yes, yes.
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? Most of the time yes, except on a few topics where we just cannot agree on. At all.
13. How often do you drink alcohol? It's been a very long while since the last alcoholic drop! Umm, 8++ months ago!!
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? Never. And I intend to keep it that way.
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. Nope. Not yet. Hihi.
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? Peacefully when I'm old.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? Flightie or Lawyer.
18. Have you ever been dumped? Yes. Twice too many times. They both regretted it, and tried to ask me back years after!! So, in the end, I won!! :D
19. What's on your pizza? Italian sausage, mozarella, anchovies, etc...
20. Have you ever shoplifted? Never.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
BANANA BREAD (from Taste.com.au)
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Makes 10-12 slices
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g butter, melted, cooled
2 eggs, whisked
3 ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and side of an 11 x 21cm x 6cm deep (base) loaf pan.
Combine flours, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk butter and eggs together. Stir in banana. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm spread with butter.
Anyway, hubby answered me saying we won’t be going anywhere this holiday season just because it will be too close to my due date then. I suppose we don’t really have a choice. I am sure there will be so much more occasions to go on a family vacation!
The "Suddenly Splitsville" Package includes:
•Accommodations in a fully-furnished luxury apartment with sizes ranging from one to three bedrooms
•Weekly housekeeping services
•A one-year subscription to Divorce Magazine, the only magazine of its kind, read by those who need advice from attorneys and other divorce professionals
•A pint of Haagen Daz ice cream to drown those sorrows in
•A bottle of Champagne to toast new found freedom
•A complimentary pass to the 92nd Street Y to work on that new physique
•A complimentary 45-minute in-room spa session (either a massage, facial, or manicure and pedicure) once a month
•Complimentary wireless Internet to start surfing the dating sites.
•A complimentary copy of "Confessions Of An Online Dating Addict" -- a book about the trials and tribulations of a woman who dated online in New York City to learn all about dating on the Web.
•A one-hour consultation with a real estate agent to start searching for a new place to live
The Marmara Manhattan
301 East 94th Street New York NY 10128
Phone 1 212 427 31 00
Fax 1 212 427 30 42
I know my husband can’t wait to see our little bub as much as he wants my bodily function to go back to normal post pregnancy. I guess he is tired of doing the dishes, laundry, bathroom cleaning, carpet cleaning, taking trash out, and all other things that I can’t help with. Well, I think it’s just fair enough since he didn’t do the carrying for 9 months anyway! One thing is for sure, we are both excited to hold our baby in our arms, and go on adventure trips, go on picnics, all these among many other activities we are now ready to plan!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Oh well, at the moment, am at the stage where ‘everyone loves a pregnant woman’. Soon, it will be ‘everyone loves a cute little baby’ stage. Hehe. I can’t wait!
I have a bit of a trivia about me and travel. For fun, I ask my colleagues where they want to travel to, and I come up with an itinerary for them! It’s as if my real passengers don’t give me enough work! I just think it makes travel researching more fun if I know the person I am making arrangements for.
While having lunch earlier, hubby dropped a question that I thought he was serious about. He asked if I wanted to go home this Christmas! Of course, without batting an eyelash I said yes. I told him I would immediately start researching about plane travel for pregnant women in the 32nd week! But of course, he was not serious! Hmp! So instead of researching about that, I should stick to searching on Golf Packages Myrtle Beach.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
* How long have you been together? Bf/Gf for 8 years. 1 year in November!
* How long did you know each other before you started dating? 2 months :)
* Who asked whom out? He asked.
* How old are each of you? I'm 31. He's 30.
* Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Same as Em. Having been in an LDR for 2 years!
* Did you go to the same school? No.
* Are you from the same home town? Not really.
* Who is smarter? Me :) (hahahaha)
* Who is the most sensitive? Him.
* Where do you eat out most as a couple? Mmm. Sushi Train.
* Who has the craziest exes? Him.
* Who has the worst temper? Him.
* Who does the cooking? Me!
* Who is the neat-freak? Neither. But, more him than me.
* Who is more stubborn? We are equally stubborn.
* Who hogs the bed? Him!!
* Who wakes up earlier? Usually me.
* Who is more jealous? Both.
* How long did it take to get serious? 1 year I think..
* Who eats more? Definitely him.
* Who does the laundry? Just hubby.
* Who’s better with the computer? Definitely not me. So its him..
* Who drives when you are together? Him.
Got this from Em :) Feel free to take on!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
I know of two colleagues who would very much benefit from second wallet loans at this particular time. One of them has just bought a house, while the other one a car. They are quite young professionals and as much as they both have a lot of bigger things in store for them in the future, losing a job is not a nice predicament to be in at anytime. One can only wish for re-consideration or an alternative position to be available once redundancy takes effect.
For now, I have to make myself busy with arranging other people’s vacations while I work hard.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I know so many friends and relatives who are doing everything they can to help by volunteering their time and giving donations. I wish I could do the same. For now I will only be able to offer my prayers and a bit of my monetary contribution.
I would not know where to begin if I would have been one of those whose families were personally affected by the storm. I have cousins and friends who are undergoing this and I feel for them. I remember reading somewhere that Siem Reap also experienced this sort of catastrophe in the past. The city has managed to rebuild itself and become one major tourist spot. I pray Manila will be able to cope and come out as a winner in the end of it all.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Now, watching all these videos about the horrible storm that has hit Manila yesterday, balls of tears are forming in my eyes. I am easily emotional, more than usual. I consider myself one of those generally happy people, and even while pregnant for that past 23 weeks I have been a happy 'buntis'. Only recently have I been getting these glitches, which I hope and pray won't last long as I am wanting a happy baby too! I feel for hubby who's asked me if it was him who made me cry the other time. He must be confused with my recent emotion swings.
I am trying to gather people to donate to Manila's flood victims and I am praying this move will make things better for those affected, even in a small way. God bless the Filipino.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Early this week I had a major exam at university which drained my brain. It’s good that I was able to concentrate on the subject instead of dreaming about Cheap Holidays in Greece or Hotels in Alcudia. Now that university is on a short break, I would like to wallow in the dream of a holiday! I have been researching for weeks about where to travel to for our babymoon. As much as we would like to go on a luxury travel frenzy, we have limited our budget in order to accommodate to buy baby things. It’s times like this that I wish I was in Manila to be able to go shopping! I know there are a lot of nice and cute baby things back home at a much cheaper price. I guess that will have to wait. For now, I will have to just be smart and buy necessary things first.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I wish I can share about my own hen’s night, but I did not have one! Our wedding was even just planned a mere four weeks before the event. Perhaps when we prepare to celebrate our church wedding we will have those pre-wedding parties! Or, maybe not anymore. After all, we are really married already and by then we will have our baby with us.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
1. What's the first thing you do when you wake up? Check the time
2. What's the first thing you wash when you take a shower? Hair.
3. What's the first thing you do when you get in the car? Put my bag in place.
4. What's the first item of clothing you put on when you get dressed? Underwear.
5. What age did you give your first kiss? Late bloomer me... 20
6. What age were you when you first drank alcohol? Officially.. 18.
7. What's the name of your first love? Korean boy
8. Where was your first vacation? Baguio
9. What was your first car? Never had my very own.
10. How old were you when you got your first job? 19
1. What is your second favorite food? Thai
2. What is your second favorite animal? Cat
3. What is your second favorite drink? Iced Tea
4. What is your second favorite song? Too many
5. What's your second favorite store? Coles
6. What's your second favorite saying or quote? It is better to have loved and then lost, than never to have loved at all.
7. What's the second thing you seen this morning? Pillow
8. Name one of your second cousins? Sheila
9. What is the name of your second favorite restaurant? Pancakes on the Rocks
10. Who was your second grade teacher? Dont remember
1. What was the name of your third boyfriend? Hubs
2. Where were you three days ago? At work
3. What's the third job you ever had? Travel agent
4. In high school, Freshman year, what was your third period class? Dont remember
5. What did you do on the 3rd of this month? Eat
6. What will you be doing in 3 hours? Sleep
7. What's your third siblings name? (if you have one) Grace
8. What's your third favorite sport? Nada
9. What's your third favorite car? Benz
10. What is the third thing you thought about today? What to eat.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Sunday, September 06, 2009
A few months ago I watched this travel show where some hotels do offer special babymoon packages. Some of these packages even included a massage treatment specifically for pregnant women! Writing about this makes me so excited to plan this getaway! I am sure whatever we decide on we will have a great time.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Since our rental contract will be expiring in a month’s time, we were thinking of renewing only for half a year before moving onto a new place. I can’t believe I have moved so much in a span of six years! This will be my sixth move in six years! Hopefully only two more moves for us until we settle into our real home.
It was a nice, nice sunday.. Still have a week left til winter is over, and we welcome spring, but the temperature hit 26 degrees! Lovely! Where else in the world can that happen?
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Although we have decided we needed a bit of a break (our last decent holiday was in December last year!), we are unsure when and where. I have given hubby a number of brochures this evening and obviously he was overwhelmed. I do hope we push through with this much needed vacation. It would also be a good way to spend quality time, since in a few months for sure we would be busy with our new baby!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
A lot of things have happened between the last time I wrote here. Attended a wedding, had my citizenship oathtaking (YEY!), developed unknown rashes, decided to have baby in Manila, and then, decided to have it here instead. And, so finally, we are having the baby here. I have booked into the hospital and will be having an appointment in a week and a bit's time. It just makes a lot of sense to have it here, for practicality's sake. It would not cost us a thing to have it here, I would still be able to maximise my work time (work til maybe mid-December), not have to have baby travel back to Sydney when I give birth, etc.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
We were looking at visiting a few gardens while she is here, and take snaps of different plants and animals while there. I know that the botanical gardens have lots of interesting birdlife, among them the hummingbirds! I am glad that my husband and my sister are into nature. So we can do some bird watching on the side. It would have been nice if we could have a hummingbird feeder in our balcony (no private garden for us) so we could catch a glimpse of them at home. Perhaps when we upgrade into a house with a big garden, I could ask husband to gift me with a cute feeder! I’ve seen that there is quite a number of varieties available!
Another place we are considering visiting when she is around would be the zoo. We went there though last time when she visited last year so I am not sure if she wants to spend the day there. A month ago husband and I went to the zoo so I will be relieved if my sister decides not to head to the zoo!
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
to another, and sometimes spending a day at some bed and breakfast, and other times enjoying a day of pampering at a Hotel in Sheffield, or at a Day spa along the way.
Truly there are various ways of seeing the world in style, if one can afford these luxuries. Otherwise, there are lots of ways to travel in style without having to spend way too much.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Adventure is one of the necessary factors included in my friend’s trip. I found a tour group that would take her camping, traveling around Denali Park, canoeing and abseiling in various places as well. It’s good that I have used this particular tour operator before, so that I know that I can trust them in taking care of my lovesick friend. Now, I am not sure how effective adventure traveling is for broken hearts, but I am sure she will fall in love with the place.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I don’t know if we could really afford to go on an all out splurge this time, since we are planning to spend Christmas in Manila this year! I guess a few nights wouldn’t hurt that bad!
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
(Note: Postcard photo from here)
Everyone's got their own travel ritual. Pre-departure. On the trip. Post-departure.
It can be a quirky pre-departure endless list of things to do, things to bring, must eat, places to see, people to write postcards to, people to call, things to take back home, etcetera. (I know I am guilty of this!) (Bigtime!).
Or, it can be upon entering your hotel room : take photos of each corner of the room, the view, the bathroom (Okay, I do this too coz I need it for my job!). And it could also be : setting the wake up call with Reception,or checking out the closets/bar fridge/drawers, etcetera.
Arriving back home, some people literally just plop onto the bed and take a very long sleep. Others I know unpack straight away and do one load of laundry. And still others, take a long warm shower.
We all have our quirkiness and travel rituals that comfort or satisfy us in some way. It's just simply the way we do. The way we are. Oh how I love talking about travel.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Monday, May 04, 2009
At the end of it all, they came into consensus that they would give rv camping Gettysburg a go. Majority of them haven’t tried this style of pa rv camping but were convinced that it would be an interesting experience. It was good that they have all agreed to this, otherwise I would end up having a divided group which would mean more work for me. I usually like dealing with group bookings especially if I communicate with only one coordinator.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Friday, May 01, 2009
I remember when I was in college I used to go bonding with her at the mall. We would spend countless times shopping and going for a snack afterwards. We would chat about everything. There were also a lot of times in college when she would pick up me and my friends from school and treat us for lunch at the country club. She instantly became the star mom that everyone loved and thought was cool. I was so proud of her.
Now that mother's day is coming up, I am sending her a lovely bouquet of flowers care of my siblings in Manila. As much as I wish I could be there to spend it with her, I can’t. Maybe next year she can spend it here and visit me!
One of the options I saw, which was at the lower end of the options list, is Casa Escano. I’ve read that this is a quaint Bed and Breakfast place in Cebu. This was one place that had no frills, but was clean and comfortable. It is centrally located (not sure if this is a good being that it is in the city). Reviews on Tripadvisor mainly say positive things about Casa Escano. I suppose if my parents choose this they would feel at home.
Another option if they decide to be located in Central Cebu, is to stay at Crown Regency. My sister can get free nights here so it can be quite a good deal, really. And, I think there are quite a few choices of locations for this hotel. Okay, I'll research the beach resorts now.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Check in anytime between May 4 to July 3 of this year. And then, redeem the free night anytime between July 3 and December 26, 2009! Have a look at the Priority Club website for more information. I love love love it!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I guess I shouldn't really complain about this. Times are tough and people are being more frugal in spending, especially about traveling. Nowadays, travellers are after the best value for their money. Nobody passes up cheap accommodation in Vancouver (or anywhere) for that matter. I know everyone is wanting to purchase good deals, and even airline or wholesalers appreciate this. Promotions on domestic and international travel are being advertised on television, newspapers, etc. They say these special deals won't last that long, and if one must plan travel now is the best time. That is providing of course that one has the resources or savings to do so.
I had an idea to maybe put up either a modern art piece or something like the eternity tree from the website I saw online. It was something that caught my eye since it was not that ordinary, but not that eccentric either. I would need to check with hubby if that suits him, or if we should just choose an abstract art work instead. Most of the time I trust hubby to choose our home furniture pieces, since he's got the better 'eye' than me. It's a good thing that I usually agree to his decisions on matters like these. After all, he's done such a good job with our current place. I really should remind him to complete our art wall project!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
2. Been arrested? - NO.
3. Kissed someone you didn't like? - NO
.4. Slept in until 5 PM? - YES
5. Fallen asleep at work/school? - YES.
6. Held a snake? - NO.
7. Ran a red light? - YES.
8. Been suspended from school? - NO.
9. Totaled your car/motorbike in an accident? - NO.
10. Been fired from a job? - NO.
11. Sang karaoke? - YES.
12. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? - YES.
13. Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? - YES.
14. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? - NO.
15. Kissed in the rain? - YES.
16. Sang in the shower? - YES.
17. Sat on a rooftop? - YES.
18. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes? - YES.
19. Broken a bone? - NO.
20. Shaved your head? - NO.
21. Blacked out from drinking? - NO.
22. Played a prank on someone? - YES.
23. Felt like killing someone? - NO.
24. Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? - YES.
25. Had AN EXOTIC pet? - NO.
26. Been in a band/CHOIR? - YES.
27. Shot a gun? - YES.
28. Tripped on mushrooms? - NO.
29. Donated Blood? - NO.
30. Eaten alligator meat? - NO.
31. Eaten cheesecake? - YES.
32. Still love someone you shouldn't? - NO.
33. Think about the future? - YES.
34. Believe in love? - YES.
35. Sleep on a certain side of the bed? - YES.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Anyway, since hubby and I are talking about having a child anytime now, I am into researching about the best ways to be healthy prior to conceiving. I have also been trying to eat healthy food. One of my friends in Canada is pregnant now and advised me to start taking pre-natal vitamins! I wish it was that easy but I never liked taking tablets.
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...
Last time I went to Manila to visit my family I did not do much but just spend time at home. Usually I would go out of town, head to the bea...
The school year has begun and although we haven't been back to Sydney yet I am now collating the requirements for B. I am hoping to buy ...