Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dealing with sore throat

The past few days I've been hit with a really bad sore throat. It came to a point where I had trouble swallowing. So, I couldn't really eat anything solid. I lost 1 kg already, which is good. But then I feel so weak coz I haven't been eating. I am well now, I hope. But I am still under house arrest. Need lots of liquid and rest.

I've searched ways to soothe my sore throat, and have tried some of them myself. Here they are:

- Heat compress on my neck (worked coz I had felt my neck muscle twitching)
- Warm Tea
- Honey and Vinegar with Warm Water (hubby prepares it best)
- Sea Salt with Warm Water (Gargled)
- Banana (it just glides down the throat well)
- Lots of water (lukewarm)
- Lozenges (in moderation)
- Betadine Sore Throat Drops
- Lots of rest, less talk

I guess it depends on the extent of one's swollen throat. Mine was uncomfortable for a few days (and nights). I ended up saying so many rosaries at night when I can't sleep. But, it all is working well for me. I hope to resume back normal living tomorrow. I am just glad that the assessment results are out for my first Uni subject, and I passed! One down, Three to go.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...