Saturday, April 04, 2009

Chatter, Wine and Lunch


Been a while since I've met someone new for the first time and actually think that we could be friends :) I guess as one gets older (for some), meeting real friends (potentially) can happen once in a blue moon or very rarely.

Anyway, I had lunch with my new NFF (new found friend) today, her name is Cat. I've been liasing with her through work for work for the past 4months or so. And we have planned to actually meet up and not just be 'penpals'. She's also from Manila, same as me, she migrated here a few years before I did.

Such a fun lunch we ended up staying longer than expected, asking questions about each other, talking about the past/present and future. Talking endlessly while sharing a bottle of wine for lunch! We talked about life, love, school, work, family, travel, other people, food, plans, etc. We realised we had a lot in common, yet had a lot of things different. All in an hour and half of meeting, no second was wasted! It was greatly enjoyed and we said we will catch up again soon. At the end of lunch we were both feeling sleepy(umm, a bottle of wine for lunch), but still had to work! Good thing it was friday! Time to unwind and welcome the weekend!

When was the last time you met someone for the first time? And you just knew that this was the first of many meetings with them. I miss my old friends in Manila, but I am happy to meet genuine new friends in Sydney.

Happy weekend all!

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...