Saturday, June 23, 2012

The beach and the theme park


Having been so busy working lately, and with the winter chill looming, I’ve been wanting so much to head to the beach. Somewhere warm like the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel, this is right smack on the beach. Dreaming of warm weather, sunshine and sand on my feet which is surely something my little family could use right now. We are freezing in Sydney and with a much needed quality time away, a getaway would be perfect.

The other day I dream of my good friend who lives in sunny Florida, and what better time to be able to visit this Fort Lauderdale beachhotel. If only we could. Perhaps head off on a couple of nights cruising in the Caribbean would be good too!! I am currently working on a quote for a family doing the Bahamas and the Caribbean for 7 magical nights. I am so jealous now!!

Being the weekend that it is now, I am tempted to just wake hubby and the little girl and invite them to go on a long joy ride up to the beach. However, since it is winter, it might not be a great idea. What good is it to have freezing breeze on your face? Especially with this crazy winter snap. The only consolation would be the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Hmm. Perhaps we should just have a lazy day in? Oh no!!

I should probably just go back dreaming about our Florida getaway. Perhaps that would attract warm weather vibes (I can dream). I am also getting ahead of myself now and thinking about everything else we could do down there – Disney World, Kennedy Space Shuttle, visit my other friend at West Palm Beach, laze around Miami beach. I think Disney World would be quite nice and enjoyable for my 2 year old and my 33 year old. The last time I was at Disney World with my siblings was more than 10 years ago. I think it is about time to head back and re-live that moment and be a kid again. Which now gives me another idea lurking – I want to go visit a theme park now (again with the idea of warm weather strolling around the park)! 

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...