Friday, April 22, 2011

Business planning

The other day I had a meeting with my business coach about my business plan. I have not really had the luxury of time to thoroughly plan the ins and outs of my business (not good I know), but have started taking extra steps recently. My hubby has taken a few weeks off for me to be able to concentrate and seriously think about my action plan.

We've decided to take measures in bringing my skills up in the travel industry by taking online destination and product web trainings. I've also gone and set up some meetings with suppliers to be able to do some bit of networking as well. So far, I have done baby steps, but in time these will make a big difference in increasing my confidence again. After all, I have taken a good one year off to take care of the little one. It's about time I sharpen my dormant skills. Either I do this now, or I will end up wearing scrubs and take on a totally different career in medicine! At least I know the website to source them if needed : http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/ Haha! Of course this career change won't happen in this lifetime. I will leave that to my youngest brother who is about to embark on his medical degree.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...