Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Artsy or Sporty?

My little girl is growing up so fast! My husband and I talk about how we can't believe she is turning 3 in a couple of months! They say that around this time of a child's development they show their natural tendencies whether they lean toward being athletic (and possibly be part of the sheffield baseball club) or be more of a budding artist (and love paints, easel, clay, dancing or music). Well, so far I think she is still exploring her interests as she has a whole spectrum of activities that we engage her in a weekly basis. Although, one thing that I am really wanting to enrol her in would be a music class and ballet lessons. As a child I played the piano and danced ballet. My little girl now has been doing both at home whenever she can, sometimes at the same time (singing and dancing). I have read in the children's magazine that our community has that there are a number of ballet classes available in our area. I wish I could personally take her to these lessons, unfortunately I cannot physically do this. I am still trying to convince my husband to take her, and hopefully this will happen next term! By then, when she has turned 3 years old she wouldn't need a parent to dance ballet with her as she can go to class alone!

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...