Thursday, February 28, 2008

How many hours of sleep do you get?


I think on the average I only get about six hours of sleep a day. Reading on Newsweek's article, I guess this means that I am a chronic short sleeper and further means that in the long run my body can no longer recognise what it means to be really and truly well rested. (Well, yeah, I guess I don't know what that is! In a fast paced world one never gets enough rest. Always wanting more vacation time to sleep in!)


It is said that we do need at least seven hours of sleep in a day otherwise our minds and body won't function properly. And, as we get older it takes its toll. More wrinkles, deeper eyes and permanently dark under eye circles, dry skin among the other effects that lack of sleep can give you (and me).


Here's a very interesting link that the Newsweek's given that evaluates sleep : American Academy of Sleep Medicine


So next time I'm sluggish and feeling really tired, I know why. So, at least seven hours. I just need to sleep an hour earlier to compensate!

1 comment:

Big Eyed Gal said...

Me too!! Six hours is okay for me... And I thought that was normal...Yikes!

Anyway, have something for you (http://bigeyedgal.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-quirky-side.html)

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...