Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mumbles on Work


Anything travel related is something I deal with on a day to day basis. Sometimes, what seems to be a simple travel query turns out to be a big thing. A call could come through for someone wanting to book a simple Sydney Melbourne return flight, while the next call could be a round the world itinerary with at least nine stops during high season in December. I would be lucky if I got a travel insurance question, as we are not allowed to give insurance information or advise we put their calls through to another department specifically handling these types of questions.

Really, no two days are alike in terms of taking travel related queries. This makes my job a little bit more interesting, and it keeps me on my toes trying to figure out a proposal for a family of eight doing all sorts of tours, stopover, etc.

I guess in a relatively plan crazy world we live in, everyone thinks about traveling. Whether it is just local travel, maybe taking public transport to the next suburb or taking an overnight flight headed for Antarctica, everyone plans travel. It is not just our job as travel agents to think of your trip, but you yourself should think about your trip too. After all, without your thoughts and ideas we would never really know where to send you to. Next time, maybe you would like to make our jobs a bit easier: give us tentative series of dates that we can play around with. If we had our way, there wouldn’t be any waitlisting. But of course, our world was not meant to be perfect.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...