Monday, September 22, 2008

My secret culinary career .. Not!

Not everyone may know that I once studied cooking. I actually wanted to take it really seriously because I could not cook at all. That, and the fact that studying cooking would have been a very big help in applying for my permanent residency to Australia. At some point in my eagerness to learn, I was searching for culinary art schools every spare time I had until I found one. Luckily, I did find one. I enrolled, and was meant to do a year’s course doing commercial cookery (they did not have just home cookery class!). I went and did about 3 months studying how to cook, how to cook properly and how to cook well. Unfortunately, I did not go far and ended up just doing a quarter of the course. I found other ways to learn how to cook, and I found other ways to apply for my residency. Going through a lot of hardships along the way, I got my permanent residency. It all ended well. I’ve learned the basics of the kitchen, and I am now more confident in mixing up food. I am still way far from being a good cook, but I’m glad that I know more now than I did two years ago.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...