Sunday, November 09, 2008

Do you want to travel or not?

I am currently working on an itinerary for a client who intends to visit that interesting city, Amsterdam. He is a first time European visitor who would be traveling alone for the first time as well. He does not know where to stay or what to do, and I am just a bit reluctant to give him suggestions or advise as he is unsure of what he wants. I suppose it is the hardest situation to share ideas with someone who does not really say what he is wanting out of a trip. He’s been really apologetic and all about not participating in planning his trip, but apologizing is not very helpful at all. I have deadlines to meet and the pressure is on.

Anyway, I have come up with a few ideas and have sort of let go of the possibility and fact that he may not really get the most out of his trip because of his own doing. I’ll just do my best, and with the limited knowledge I have of him. I have given him a few choices of cheap hotels in Amsterdam, a list of things to do and visit while in the charming city, restaurant guide of different cuisines as well as popular pubs and clubs. I realize there is only so much I can do, and at some point he will have to participate actively in this trip planning if he wants to enjoy his Amsterdam experience.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...