Monday, March 03, 2008

Grocery Things VS Real life Dilemmas

In the past year, I have actually taken joy in doing my grocery. I don't know why, but it has become a therapy of some sort. I can spend an hour easily just going through the aisles. And sometimes even going a second round through the aisles. (Really, sometimes it is sweeter the second time 'round.) Whether that be at Coles, or at Woolies, or the local IGA or Duffy Bros.

A simple decision becomes a complex one : 6 rolls toilet paper at $ 3.50 VS. 4 rolls at $ 2.50 ? Or, is it worth buying the Sweet Onion relish or the Tomato Caramelised onion (In this case, I bought both!). All these seemingly complex dilemmas are much preferred over the real dilemmas of life. Maybe that's why I enjoy grocery shopping nowadays. I would rather choose Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream VS. Caramel Ice Cream VS. Neapolitana Ice Cream. Wouldn't you prefer this as well?

What are the top 10 things that you usually buy from the supermarket? Mine's as follows:

1. Jasmine Rice - Koala Brand
2. Fruit Juice - Preferably : Apple Cranberry, Orange or Mango flavoured
3. Bread - White Thin Sliced
4. Cheese - Either individually wrapped, or blue cheese, or camembert
5. Chips - Sweet Chilli and Sour Cream Red Rock Deli
6. Diced or Stir Fry - Chicken, Beef or Pork
7. Eggs
8. Spaghetti Sauce
9. Asian Veggie Mix - Carrots, Cauliflower, Mushroom, Brocolli
10. Chocolate - Cadbury Fruit and Nut or B&G Almonds

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...