Thursday, June 26, 2008

Work out what's best for your business

When I was starting my career in travel, I’d hear about my friends who were working at call centres. We’d exchange daily stories about my passengers and bookings, while they would share about how they were given a telemarketing list of people to call and quotas to achieve per day. I sometimes think whether I’d survive living in a work environment that works around telemarketing lists. I guess call centre jobs are for some people and not for the others. Having said that though I myself used to work towards a sales target. It was not a very strict goal, but it involved going through my direct mailing list to see who I could send my travel packages to. I suppose in any business, we all work around trying to achieve our goal, however way that is for as long as it is legal and brings in the bacon then is the approach to productive working. What works for your business?

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...