Sunday, July 06, 2008

Every once in a while


... I get this lonely feeling that I just want to pack my bags and head back to Manila. Crazy thought... After all the years that I've been working to get my residency here... It's true. I had a conversation once with a stranger on a bus, years ago, when I first got to Sydney. She said she had just got her residency, and she was still feeling empty. I couldn't understand her then. I thought to myself I just couldn't wait for the day I got my residency.

It's been more than 6 months since I got my PR (permanent residency), and I am really really thankful to God for this. But, I now understand the lady on the bus. She had her family back home as well, and so do I. And, life is just not as rich when you are in a foreign land alone. There are days when I see photos of my family (and friends) enjoying a good celebration and I just wish I was there to be with them. No amount of $$$ can buy that dream of wanting to be home. I'm sure anyone in the same boat will agree. It is one thing to pursue career, but another thing to know you are home. C'est La Vie.

2 comments:

LizzyT said...

We are applying for our visas to live in Australia. I do already have family there and I will be bringing some of my family with me. But I will also be leaving my 2 grown up children and 2 grandchildren back in the UK. I wish you luck in your career and hope you settle into your life in Australia. It is a wonderful country.

Coriander Dreams said...

Hi Lizzyt, Thanks for your warm wishes.. :) Wish all goes well for you in OZ, which part are you settling into?

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...