Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And then there was One

After a while you get used to being alone, but when you've just come out of a noisy bunch it is a bit hard to deal with silence.

I am home alone again. Back to peaceful living. My own mess to clean, own food to cook, own dishes to wash, own snack to take to work, etc.

It was nice having my family around for a (seemingly long) while but it's nice to be able to move again without having the restrictions of living with parents. (Technically this would have been my house, but of course parents always rule your life no matter what.)

A few days before they left I was already conditioning myself that they won't be with me in a little while. I've noticed that that was my way of detaching myself to people who I know won't stay. That things were temporary for that moment. After about 5 years of shuttling to and from Manila, leaving friends and loved ones behind I am a bit of an experienced little lady who knows how to cope. I guess no one really becomes a Pro at this because goodbyes are never easy. I am just glad that things are steady again. Nothing too exciting, but just calm days ahead. I know that in a few months I will see them again, so I guess that's why I know how to cope. C'est La Vie.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...