Saturday, May 17, 2008

Salute to nurses

I'm not quite sure if there is such a thing as world nurse's day, but I think one of the best nurses around anywhere is a Filipino/Filipina. I've seen them care for the elderly (even my own elders back home) as well as young kids in the E.R., and care for those who've just given birth. I've got a few real good friends and relatives who are nurses as well and they just do an absolute amazing job!! I cannot imagine the extent of their job, which offers not only emotional support to those who are ill, but really provide sincere assistance with meds, emergencies, etc! They have tons of real life stories that are interesting, happy, sad, trivial, weird and sometimes plain gross (well to normal professionals like me), just because we don't deal with this on a daily basis, we sometimes think different of mundane silly things but to nurses these are real life scenarios which they do take seriously all the time.

Really, Filipinos are just a nurturing and caring bunch in so much that Pinoy nurses are recruited worldwide, and they do a real good job at nursing others.

I've just been sent this link, and thought I'd pass this link on to whoever would be interested in working in NSW. It's a government site, but of course use your own discretion at all times. Click on: NSW Department of Health. I think they're taking employment applications for 2009, and the application period is from June 25 to August 11, 2008.

Spread the word and who knows the rest of the world would be gentle carers like us as well :)

2 comments:

Venus Fly Trap said...

i am an aspiring nurse.my friend, an er resident suggest i get some exposure..he had me shadow a filippino nurse..her last name was Boycott..i dontremember her fisrt..but she was awesome and definately inspired me...i hope i am as nurturing as she..i like your writing style! thanks!

BillyWarhol said...

Nurses are Awesome!! They work so hard + don't get the respect they deserve* They are amazing*

;)) Peace*

thx fer yer EntreCard ad! Muchas Gracias***********

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...