Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coriander Travels: Port of New York

In my perfect travel world, I would be doing at least one relaxing cruise each year. Perhaps a two week long cruise would satisfy my cruise cravings each year. Cruises from New York appeal to me more as it would mean I could spend a few days in New York for shopping or even to just go for picnics and walks through Central Park before going on a cruise. Princess Cruises offer itineraries that allow one to join the ship at the port of New York, and I may as well do that Caribbean cruise while I’m dreaming. Best time to go would probably be in between the peak and low season where there would not be too much or too little tourists (my boyfriend does not like a deserted vacation place!). Cruising around the Caribbean would be the ideal way to do it, since I would like to see a lot of the islands. The joys of cruising can be very interesting, stress-free and comfortable, if done on the proper cruise. In my travel agent job, we try as much as possible to match appropriate clients with the products. Just because they have the money to pay for a holiday doesn’t mean any five star property or cruise would satisfy them. There are small ship clients and there are big ship clients. Having the other go on the other cruise can be a disaster, if one does not know how to do travel counseling. I guess in my case, I do not fall under a particular client category yet. Or maybe, I could not care less if I was booked in a cozy and intimate charter boat, or on some Cunard Cruise Lines ship. I would be too happy to be bothered to complain.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...