Thursday, August 21, 2008

Handy travel buddy

Whoever invented or created the gps tracking system is a genius. This is such a handy thing for regular travelers and local people as well. My boyfriend and I travel every so often and we are constantly trying to find our destination, or good places to have our meals, or even just navigating our way to and from where ever. Recently we’ve got our new phones which are capable of gps tracking. He is stoked. While I am just fine with it; maybe that is because I do not fully appreciate the service just yet. He is saying though that there should be a cheaper way to subscribe to this service, as it is really quite a good tool for us when we travel. He goes on talking to me about turn by turn accuracy of this easy to use device. It is amazing that a satellite knows ones’ position in this earth, and transmits information for easy navigating through streets and areas of this world.

In one of our travels I remember arriving into the little beach town, one late rainy evening. Based on my research we would have been able to walk a good 10 minutes to our beach cottage from the train station. However not anticipating the bad weather, we arrived and it was raining cats and dogs. A gps would have been good to have at that time and maybe if the weather was better too. Luckily, we managed to get into a cab, which brought us to our destination dry and safe.

No comments:

The big 4-0

Turning 40 soon has had me thinking about a few things lately. One, major one is whether to have another baby. Hmm. I guess this is partly n...